Tuesday 7 April 2015

Diary entry # 9 - You will never feel like it

Last night I was passing through Google+ as usual. I was just added to a group about learning English. People - as usual - share a variety of videos, not necessarily related to English learning. Anyway, one of them was a TED talk about memory and how to improve it. You know what happens with these videos, you never stop at the first; one always leads to another. This is exactly what happened with me. I ended up with a video of Mel Robbins and her extremely inspirational few minutes speech. 

I loved it because it was extremely down to earth. She did not pat me on the back, she gave it to me straight and simple: you will never feel like it. Unconsciously I grabbed my diary (the physical, actual one) and kept writing this again and again. 
You will never feel like it.
You will never feel like it.
You will never feel like it. 

This is exactly what I needed to hear. I am struggling with the so called will power, the lack of self discipline, the chronic procrastination,... We all have been there, done that. And the main problem was exactly that: I was waiting to feel like it. I wanted someone to tell me how to feel like it, what to do to feel like it. However, she gave it to me straight ahead: I.WILL.NEVER.FEEL.LIKE.IT.

The relatively short speech - that I am sharing down here - left me wanting more. I wanted more of her, more of what she can offer, and I found her book. 

But for the sake of order, I will talk about it in another post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment