Friday 3 April 2015

Diary entry # 8 - Random thoughts

A photo…
Hanging on the wall in front of me. Two people walking in the street. A man and a woman. Both have a beautiful brown hair, nice bodies and elegant clothes. I can only see their backs. And he has a possessive hand around the back of her neck. It is intimate, it is beautiful, it is familiar. It is …love.

Loneliness is eating me alive. I look at the photo and I despair. I despair because I want a possessive hand around the back of my neck as well. I want it to feel too familiar that I do not even realize it is there. I want it to be a part of my life that I am used to, I want it there for as long as I may live. I want to feel it and realize it does not give me butterflies in my stomach anymore, because it is no longer new.

Helplessness is eating me alive. I am alone and I cannot do anything about it. Would it have been different have I been a man? Would I have been the man who gets what he wants, and who he wants? Does this feeling has anything to do with me being a woman?

I am afraid… I am afraid I will have this feeling of longing and loneliness for the rest of my life, until I see the hope and the prime of my youth fade away. I am afraid of keeping on despairing until the day I realize that hope is dead. That even despair is useless because it is over. I feel like crying but I cannot because I am among people.

I do not understand myself sometimes. So here I am complaining about being lonely and how I hate the feeling. However, I would do anything to leave my parents’ house and live alone. Am I contradicting myself? Or maybe there is a difference between loneliness and independence. I want to have a life where I am free. I do not want to have to explain to my parents where I am going and when and with whom, not that I have many problems with it to be honest. I want to be able to play music any hour of the day and dance to it. I want to be on my own. This has nothing to do with wanting to be in love I think, right?

I am really fifty shades of fucked up, aren't I? my head is full of things I want to do, places I want to be, things I want to be, but here I am, sitting on my ass, doing nothing but thinking about it, or writing about it.

I am seriously terrified of not falling in love again. Is this it? Is it over for me? I see people around me, girls and women fall in love and/or get married and I am standing here, thinking maybe it is a matter of time. Then I see other women, beautiful, successful, almost or over forty who are not married and maybe won’t be ever. I cannot help but thinking what about them? Maybe I will end up like them, the smart, brilliant university professor who is not married although she is over forty now. Everybody will be feeling sorry for me. Hey, I will be feeling sorry for me.
So what happens next?


I know I have a very unrealistic idea about marriage, I see my married friends and they tell me it is not easy at all. Deep inside I fear it. But I have to face it, I am a hopeless romantic. I want to be loved and desired.

So why do I always get involved with the wrong men? The wrong, married men who do not really want me but want to enjoy what they can with me?
And there is the fear that I experience regarding my thesis, and the despair I feel because I cannot find a scholarship, and how I spend money like crazy, and my inability to commit to a losing weight plan.
Do I need to see a shrink? When will I realize that I need to see a shrink?

It is time to go home I think.
I am so not alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment