Saturday 21 March 2015

Diary entry #2 - The healing power of shopping

Today went better than I expected.

I started the day with an overwhelming desire of not going to class at all... The subjects are boring and the professors are useless. One of them is specially annoying because he request things from us that have no point at all, just for the sake of getting us to do something.

I had to negotiate. I said: "OK, we will attend one class of the two, then I can go to Diwan - my favorite bookstore - and buy books, stationary, have a coffee, do some work then go home. 
My crazy mind accepted the deal.

So I went to the first class, it wasn't bad compared to my constant desire to not be there. I could interact normally with the people around me, it was not that hard. And then I went to Diwan, I got a 100 EGP voucher that encouraged me to do more shopping. And I just love buying books.

I could finally open this book about translation studies that I have been avoiding for days now. This made me satisfied. But I was sleepy so I went home, went straight to bed. And here I am awake and ready to study.

By all means, today is a much better day.

I was supposed to call this psychiatrist, but for some reason the phone call I made and this male assistant of hers made me change my mind. First, he was asleep or something, replying to a client with a sleepy voice; talking a bit informally, too. The way he told me to call again on Saturday to set an appointment on Sunday was annoying too. 
Maybe I just expect too much from people, and maybe he thinks I am an overpaid chick who has no real issues but want to see a shrink to get attention.
Oh I am just a control freak.


No comments:

Post a Comment