Friday 27 March 2015

Diary entry # 6 - The tunnel

I still cannot pull it together...

Today I spent the entire day procrastinating by reading a novel we talked about in class called "the tunnel" by a renowned Argentinian writer named Ernesto Sabato. 

It was a mistake on so many levels...

First of all, it was one of those novels that cabtivate you since the first line you read. We read one page in class. The second day I was at the library getting the book. 

Why do I think it is a mistake, well, becuase I have two papers due tomorrow and a class to prepare for. Instead of doing this, I was reading the novel, justifying my actions by the fact that it is a short novel, only 126 pages long.
The second reason is that the novel is so depressing. It is about obsession and murder. And that was the last thing I needed. 

Now I want to scream on the top of my lungs. Becuase I am tired of myself and everything I do, or do not do. 

I am walking an endless tunnel...


No comments:

Post a Comment